The next biggest problem was the main pod.
Now rumours and what I had read said that some parts were used from
the Revell Gemini space capsule kit.
Glad to be a kit parts squirrel, I charged up into the loft and found what I hoped
I had bought sometime before and never made, aye one Revell Gemini kit.

After much picture pouring over I found the parts I was after.
A perspex shell was made up then detailed with plasticard and the said kit parts.
Getting daring at this point, I decided that the pod
would be done in two parts.
The underside would be one piece and the rest would make up the other part.
Much to my surprise a bloody big rubber mould was built and the first casting worked like a charm.