Kit Kong's Model Mansion Armour Annie
Sculpted by David Whitford
1/8th Scale WWII Pin-Up Series

Page Number

Hopefully the appropriate colours,

For The Appropriate Clothing Thing!

Right then, last bits to get sorted go let's get at 'em!
So first up with the shirt,
settled on a sort of worn olive drab kinda thing so base coat first with a 50/50 mix of these two...

Two coats brush applied.

That done so out with the liquid latex masking and apply to keep the drybrushing to come under control.

Several coats of drybrushing later using the same mix but just adding more buff as I went along.

Buttons in dark OD with a bit of dark wash shading.
Once all cured, masking removed.

Decided to spruce up the shirt a little bit.
After mucho web trawling, I had the basis of the 2nd Armoured Div. flash and Staff Sergeant insignia
so time to for a bit of decal work.

Tinkered a bit with the flash as I noticed some had a motto under them.
No idea if it's WWII accurate but what the hell.
The original flash pic I found online...

Decal sheet printed with markings in three sizes just to be on the safe side.

And the reworked flash with altered motto because why not and it seemed appropriate.
My story and sticking with it.

So that at the ready, did the hair starting with a base of matt black.

A couple of drybrush coats of burnt umber and flat earth.
Decals applied and sorted that bit!

The decals aren't brilliant close up but will do nicely for normal viewing.

So next, dem shorts and dat belt!

Shorts done in Tamiya NATO green as a base, then drybrushed in the same green mixed with Vallejo grey green
and last light going over with the same plus some Vallejo light grey green mixed in.

The belt done in Vallejo desert yellow base then the inevitable drybrushing in
the same mixed with more buff and a final in buff with a touch of white.

Small details picked out in matt black and some dark dirt wash here and there.

And that's the lot for this page, onward to page 6 with thee for the final stuff!

Page Number